INTIMACY BEYOND THE WALL: AN INQUIRY INTENSIVE FOR MBP TEACHERS - LIVE ONLINE PROGRAM
1 October & 2 October 2022
Registrations only open for the 1st of October. The 2nd of October is closed.
Registrations until the 28th of September 2022
As MBP teachers (Mindfulness-Based Programs), we understand the responsibilities of dialogue and inquiry and how the capacity to meet these challenges emerges directly out of our personal meditation practice. Offering opportunities for continuous growth as MBP teachers, Ser Integral is very pleased to host a highly experiential and personalized program into the heart of inquiry guided by Saki Santorelli. As a small group of MBP teachers we will have the opportunity to investigate what hinders and opens the dialogue and inquiry in our classrooms while cultivating new perspective about how to be in relationship with program participants.
The online format makes this day easily accessible. To create greater access to this unique training, two groups will be formed: the first group will take place on Saturday, 1st of October 2022; the second group will be on the 2nd of October 2022. Each course will be limited to 20 people. You will be able to choose the day that suits you depending on availability when registering. It is also possible to register in both days.
Here is the course description:
Why struggle to open the door between us when the entire wall is an illusion.
The content and format of this course is simple. Each day I’ll work with 18-20 people, offering individual feedback and suggestions. We’ll sit in a virtual circle just like our MBP participants. Listening, not knowing, and being present will be our guiding lights. Opening to an innate intelligence beyond our familiar habits and habitual thinking, we’ll learn to inquire by living inside our knowing hearts, learning to rest, ask, and respond out of this wider awareness.
Devoid of template or technique, together, we’ll actively engage with one another in the practice of dialogue and inquiry. Here’s a taste of the day: We’ll approach the entire process as an intimate conversation...We’ll practice in small circles, exchanging roles as teachers and participants...We’ll listen...We’ll pause...We’ll wonder aloud about the nature of a question and its intention, about roads taken and not taken in our interchanges...We’ll experiment with rephrasing as of way of getting closer to what we really want to ask about...We’ll attune to the music of dialogue – the tempo, rhythm, and pitch of the exchanges as a means of creating simpatico, safety, and intimacy beyond the wall...We’ll offer feedback as we explore new ways of engaging in this heart-throbbing conversation as reality itself - a living, breathing conversation transpiring within and between us.
The day is intended to be intimate, inspiring, and highly supportive of our individual and collective unfolding as students of MBPs.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
- MBSR and MBCT Certified Teachers
- MBSR Qualified Teachers
- MBSR and MBCT Teacher Trainees
- Other MBP program Teachers or Trainees
- People with experience integrating mindfulness into large social institutions such as medicine, business, law, and government.
- To have an established daily mindfulness practice
- To teach mindfulness (MBSR, MBCT or other MBP)
- To be highly motivated to learn
- Willingness to respect the dignity and nobility of the “other” when receiving and offering feedback
- To commit to attend the entirety of the day
The course will be taught in English, without consecutive translation.
Saki F. Santorelli, EdD, MA is an educator, meditation teacher, writer, gardener and pioneer in integrating meditation and mindfulness into medicine, health care, and the broader society. In 2017, he retired as professor of medicine, executive director of the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society, and director of the internationally acclaimed Stress Reduction Clinic – the clinic of origin of mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) - at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
His entire forty-year career in medicine and healthcare has been oriented around the integration of mindfulness into public health fueled by an abiding trust in the innate brilliance and nobility of human beings. He has plumbed the nature of the healing relationship by working with thousands of medical patients, educating and mentoring generations of medical students, healthcare professionals, educators, and researchers of mindfulness and MBSR. Through his vision and leadership, the Center for Mindfulness transmitted the ethos, practice, teaching, and science of mindfulness to individuals and organizations around the world.
Saki has been a student in the universal Sufi lineage of Hazrat Inayat Khan for nearly fifty years. In 1980, his teacher, Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan, suggested he also become a student in the Buddhist insight meditation tradition. He did so. A year later, he met Jon Kabat-Zinn. Blessed with such good fortune, he became Jon’s student. As their decades-long relationship unfolded, they became colleagues, friends, and dharma-brothers transmitting the taste of mindfulness, the fragrance of the Sufi’s, and the vision of a grounded, lively contemplative science and education to people around the planet.
Saki teaches, writes, presents workshops, seminars, and leads retreats internationally. He is the author of Heal Thy Self: Lessons on Mindfulness in Medicine now translated into fourteen languages and founder/director of the website and online community, Guest House Awareness.
Day 1 - Saturday, 1st October 2022: 1.00pm - 4.00pm and 6.00pm - 9.00pm
Day 2 - Sunday, 2nd October 2022: 1.00pm - 4.00pm and 6.00pm - 9.00pm
*Time Zone: GMT (London/Lisbon) = 8:00-11:00 AM 1:00-4:00 PM ET.
- You will need to have a quiet space where you will not be interrupted, and which has enough room for you to be able to stand and stretch or lie down for some of the practices
- Participation will be via your computer (Windows Mac or Linux) with interactive audio, video and chat. This online course requires high speed Internet access and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate equipment and Internet connection
- Technical requirements:
High-speed internet connection
Video cam (built-in or external)
Audio microphone (built-in or external)
- It is the participant’s responsibility to complete the required technical tests on their computer and to test the Internet connection they will be using throughout the course. For those participants who plan to participate from the workplace, please note that it might be necessary to involve your IT department or consultant to determine how to meet the following technical requirements.
Please complete all the following steps to ensure you can successfully join the online course .
Download Zoom (video conference program) by clicking here or by clicking on https://zoom.us/download
Click here for a PDF on how to install Zoom
Ensure you have operational headphones/earphones – required to limit feedback
Test your headphones/earphones with the computer you will be using
Test your camera and microphone by clicking here or by clicking on https://zoom.us/test
COURSE TUITION FOR THE INTENSIVE DAY (1 DAY)
Normal Rate: 178,35 euros (Incl. 23% VAT)
The limit date for registration is the 28th September 2022. After this date we won’t accept any further registrations.
The number of places is limited, so we advise your registration as soon as possible.
To register in the course:
- Make the payment using the box below:
Registrations only open for the 1st of October. The 2nd of October is closed
- After completing the payment please dend an email to email@example.com with the name and date of the event you want to register with the proof of payment from your bank or paypal.
- After the reception of your email we will send you a reply confirming your place in the program and with information relating to the program including the ZOOM link to enter the virtual retreat class will be send closer to the program. If you don't receive our reply please contact us.
* Note for payments completed via paypal and credit card a transaction fee of 3% for portuguese participants and 4% of international and european participants will be charged directly to paypal and the Credit Card payment system.
- If you cancel your registration until the 10th September you will receive a full reimbursement of the payment minus an administration fee of 50 euros plus fee for the international bank transference. After this date we won’t make any reimbursements.
- If the event is canceled due to an unexpected reason, Ser Integral: Centro Português de Mindfulness, will provide a reimbursement of 100% of the value paid for the program.
- The course will take place with a minimum and maximum number of participants (limited places available). In the eventuality of the program not having the minimum registrations established Se Integral: Portuguese Center for Mindfulness will have to cancel the event.
- The program is subject to minor changes according to the needs met during the course.